Tuesday 8 February 2011

Batman! Frank Miller's and Dave McKean's illustrations.

 "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late." What a rendition of the Dark Knight! Brilliant use of colour! Frank Miller's illustration of Batman is just super. The lines and colours give it a powerful effect.
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things because I'm not a hero, not like Dent. I killed those people. That's what I can be."
Frank Miller's silhouettes are unique and very inspiring. Simple, yet somehow complex. 





Arkham Asylum- very unique and dark style of sequential narrative by Dave McKean. The colours, the play of light and shadow, diabolic forms and expressions blew my mind. A lot to learn from these two illustrators.!

A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. 
Michelangelo Buonarroti- How true!!

1 comment: